I’ve been meaning to post this for some time. I was watching Ocean’s Twelve awhile back, and really enjoyed the scene towards the end where Linus Caldwell (Matt Damon), Basher Tarr (Don Cheadle), and Turk Malloy (Scott Caan) are going over ideas on how to steal the Faberge egg in Rome. This is just after most of the twelve got arrested or detained while trying their primary plan.
The ideas and names they came up with are like Design Patterns for thieves or con artists. You can check out the script yourself, but here’s a list of the design patterns (and their responses) from the original Gang of Twelve! (GOT) …
- Swinging Priest – “not enough people”
- Crazy Larry – “not enough people”
- Soft Shoulder – “soft shoulder?”
- Baker’s Dozen – “No woman and not enough people”
- Hell in a Handbasket – “we can’t train a cat that quickly and not enough people”
- Lookie Loo with a Bundle of Joy – the design pattern they choose with the help of Tess (Julia Roberts)