Aside from MSF, Scrum, XP, and RUP, I’ve been finding some other methodologies and frameworks as I travel and meet with teams. Some might make for interesting Process Templates in Team System. Here are just a few, in no particular order …
- Prince2 – a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scaleable method for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
- Six Sigma – a methodology to manage process variations that cause defects, defined as unacceptable deviation from the mean or target; and to systematically work towards managing variation to eliminate those defects
- Lean Software Development – a translation of lean manufacturing principles and practices to the software development domain.
- Zachman Framework – a framework for Enterprise Architecture which provides a formal and highly structured way of defining an enterprise’s systems architecture.
- DoDAF – a framework for development of a systems architecture or enterprise architecture (EA).
Added Later …
- Team Software Process (TSP) – helps a high-performance engineer to ensure quality software products, create secure software products, and improve process management in an organization
- Personal Software Process (PSP) – shows engineers how to manage the quality of their projects, make commitments they can meet, improve estimating and planning, reduce defects in their products
Do you know any others? If so, provide links in the comments.